This is another idea not original to me, but I couldn't help but recreate this unique template from Pinterest by Buffy Cooper, especially since I had everything I needed on hand. So, let's get started!
Sue Duffy ~
- A2 card base in Whisper White Thick CS and a Night of Navy CS mat, with the sky cut from Twinkle Twinkle DSP.
- Cut a piece of the DSP 3-3/4 x 4-1/4. On paper trimmer, cut bottom 3-3/4 edge from 4-1/4 at an angle up to 3-1/4. Now, your DSP is 3-3/4 W x 4-1/4 L on the right side and 3-1/4 L on the left side. If necessary, you can draw a line, first.
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy CS to 3-7/8 x 4-3/8 (or 4 x 4-1/2, if you prefer a wider border of mat to show). Just as with the DSP, trim bottom edge from 4-3/8 at an angle up to 3-3/8 (or 4 to 3-1/2).
- Position your Navy mat on your card base so you can tell how much room you have to stamp and stamp the trees in Shaded Spruce and the grazing horses in Basic Black. Color the horses as desired with Markers. Learn from my mistake - I used Blends and, even on thick CS, the color showed through. 😒
- Stamp desired sentiment(s) inside in Navy or Spruce and stamp the large horse head at the bottom right, if desired.
- OPTIONAL - Lightly spritz DSP with a mist of alcohol and a couple of drops of Champagne or Frost White Shimmer Paint to add sparkle before adhering to Navy mat. Test, first.
- Adhere dry DSP to mat and both to card base.
Products and links below.