I love horses, and today's card is a shameless CASE from a post on Pinterest by Jacquelyne Laburda, an artist in British Columbia. I shamelessly used the same colors on my background, which brings to my mind sunset in big sky country. It's actually pretty simple to do, so let's get started!
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- 1/4 sheet Glossy White CS (you can trim to 5 x 3-3/4 later); Basic Black CS 5-1/4 x 4 for mat; Whisper White Thick CS for base.
- Wet some large cotton balls (1 for each color) with rubbing alcohol (70% is fine) and add a drop of refill to each of Calypso Coral, Lovely Lipstick and Gorgeous Grape. Lightly wipe or drag each color across the Glossy CS until you've achieved the look you want. Try to avoid puddling and don't hesitate to practice on some Glossy CS scraps. The cotton balls will stay wet for a while.
- When the glossy is dry, using the Stamparatus, stamp the galloping horse and the sentiment in Stazon. The birds? Well, I just added those to cover a mistake! ;-D They are from the High Tide stamp set.
- Color the horse with Stampin' Blends and/or Markers - I used both. Jacqueline used a Basic Black Marker on her horse, which online looked like Navy to me. I decided to try Blends, first and ended up with a combination - trial and error - of Lovely Lipstick, Rich Razzleberry and Highland Heather Blends and Gorgeous Grape Marker - so you might want to do some experimenting with that, as well. It seems that the Blends lighten up a little as they dry.
- I tied a piece of Black twine near the center fold and stamped the two grazing horses at the bottom right on the inside.