I will be hosting Stamp Camp next Saturday, April 13, at 10 AM, here in Mooresville, IN. I you are local (including Indianapolis) and would like to join us, let me know by the end of the day, Monday (April 8). Now, on to this card.
You know, sometimes we are not thrilled about an upcoming birthday - the older we get, especially - been there, done that. I've mentioned before, that I've been starting to print my own, original sentiments for the inside of a card. So, we will use one of my original sentiments for this Happy Tails, "not so thrilled to be having a birthday" card.
TIP: Did you know that you can use color codes to match SU! colors when creating a document or online? After over 10 years as a Demonstrator, I finally found out about it - I never asked - who knew? They are called RGB/HEX codes - and numbers correspond to each color. HEX for online use and RGB for MSWord or other software. A generous, talented demo, Marie Shaughnessy (www.mariestamps.com), created a chart in 2018. I can enter the codes in my MS Word custom color function. Go to my blog or if you're already there, click "read more" to see the details. FREE Project Sheet available by email.Products
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- Card base is Real Red, A2 horizontal top fold. DSP peeking out is from the free SAB Botanical Butterfly paper, which I presume lots of you have - or use any paper you like - preferably black, trimmed to 5-3/8 x 4-1/8. The card front is WW, die cut with the largest of the Stitched Rectangles Dies in the Occasions Catalog.
- Stamp the solid dog house in Smoky Slate, stamped off once, and stamp the detail in full strength Smoky Slate. Stamp the "Keep Calm..." sentiment in Basic Gray. The paw prints are stamped in Smoky Slate.
- Stamp the dog in Basic or Memento Black ink and add spots with same using Stamparatus, if desired. Stamp collar in Real Red. Punch with the Dog Builder Punch. Punch a heart from a scrap of Red Foil and add to dog with a glue dot.
- In Real Red cs, die cut the background swirl with the largest of the Swirls Scribbles Thinlits Dies, placing the center section back into the space after adhering to WW card front in order to form a solid background for the dog. Adhere all layers together. Add dog with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp another dog in Basic Gray on inside of WW piece with printed sentiment (or add a punched dog) and stamp a bone in Smoky Slate and fasten to inside of card. Add little lines for tail wagging, if desired and add few Frosted/Clear Epoxy Droplets or other embellishment.