We created this card at my April 13 stamp camp. Surprisingly, it is comprised of only two neutral colors - Night of Navy and Smoky Slate. With the exception of the three little candy dots, I think it qualifies for SIP, too - just Stamps, Ink and Paper. So, let's get started!
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- Basic A2 card sizes with a Whisper White Thick base, in this case with a top fold.
- Lightly ink the Crackle Paint background stamp in Smoky Slate, face up. Lay the Whisper White top layer (3-3/4 x 5) on top of the inked stamp and press and smooth - pressing harder around the sides than in the middle area where you will stamp the horse. Lightly sponge the edges with Smoky Slate.
- Stamp the trees once in Night of Navy in the upper left and once again without re-inking and slightly offset. Stamp the "Go for it!" in Night of Navy in the upper right.
- Using Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends, let the lines from the Crackle background be your guide to create random splotches to turn this horse into a pinto! I don't think I've ever seen a gray one, but I'll plead artistic license. ;-)
- Adhere all layers together and add whatever embellishments you choose. Here, we added three Night of Navy Candy Dots (retired). On the inside we stamped the grazing horses in Navy in the lower right corner. Products and links below.