SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW... FOR HALLOWEEN - COFFIN TREAT BOXES FROM THE 2019 HOLIDAY CATALOG!
I recommend the September Paper Pumpkin kit for your quick treat-making, of course, but I had my heart set on using these coffin boxes from the Holiday Catalog for the holiday treats I usually pass out to the folks in my spin class - death by chocolate!
The boxes go together easily with Multipurpose Glue or Tear & Tape (or Fast Fuse) - all scored and cut for you - just decorate as you wish! Here, I embossed the lids and on the right one I used the Swirls & Curls embossing folder. I lightly brushed it with the new Golden Glitz Delicata Metallic Ink Pad, as well. I got the embossing idea from CreatewithChristy on YouTube.
Unfortunately, I have very few of the new Halloween items from the Holiday Catalog, so I went with what I had and even resorted to printing my own! More info here. Frankly, it would be a lot easier with the Monster Bash Bundle (love those frames), but... LOL
Sue Duffy ~
- For the box on the left, I used the Tufted Dynamic TIEF(I prefer the Swirls & Curls) and cut out one of the cameos from the Monster Bash DSP. I mounted it on an oval of pumpkin glimmer paper.
- I added a quarter piece of the retired spider web doilies and a crow from the Monster Enamel Shapes.
- For my DIY tombstone tag on the other box, I used the Note Tag Punch (retired - I rarely give up my punches). This one always reminded me of a tombstone, and I finally remembered to use it that way. It is Grey Granite CS, sponged for a little aging, also with GG ink.
- I don't have a stamp for "RIP," so I simply created a MSWord document for the "RIP"s and printed them onto GG cardstock and punched them out. I used the Algerian font, size 36. If you would like the rough document, let me know by email.
- I added one of the Monster Enamel Shapes at the top, added the 3/8" Black Scalloped Edge Ribbon and added the tag with a Dimensional.