As promised I have more information for you on these cards from my September Stamp Camp. Stampers had their choice or mix-it up. The top layout was the favorite. Let's get started.
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
P.S. There is a new Host Code on my sidebar.Details
- Use whatever coordinating color you like for horizontal card base - 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4 - we used Flirty Flamingo, one of the colors in the DSP.
- THICK Whisper White card stock - 5-1/4 x 4 and an extra piece for die-cutting silhouettes. Regular WW card stock for inside of card.
- Use Stitched Rectangles Die to cut out the inside of the 5-1/4 x 4 Thick WW to create a "frame," using the 4th from the largest die - 2-3/4 x 4. Set aside the extra piece for a note card or other project (see future post). If desired, emboss the frame with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder and set aside.
- Adhere a 5 x 3-3/4 piece of desired Perennial Essence DSP to front of card base.
- Die cut egret from Lakeside Dies and clump of grasses if that is the layout you wish to use. If desired, also cut out the tree from one of the In the Woods Dies. If you choose the top card layout, cut the cat tails silhouette strip from the Friendly Silhouettes Dies, leaving enough at the bottom to add adhesive. Trim to approximately 5 inches and. adhere to bottom of DSP on card base.
- Attach frame to base with Foam Adhesive Strips added to the underside of the frame piece about in the middle of the sides and top/bottom of the frame, and line up over DSP.
- Add egret (and tree, if desired) using Mini Glue Dots and Dimensionals where appropriate.
- If you wish to create a label for your frame, use a scrap of gold or silver foil,stamp with Stazon, punch out with the Classic Label Punch and adhere to frame with Glue Dots. We used the "Enjoy Life" stamp from the Good Morning Magnolia Set.
- Stamp lilypad from Lilypad Lake Stamp Set on WW inside piece and color with Blends.