I hope you enjoy a pleasant Labor Day and that you have lovely weather for what is considered summer's last hurrah. :-( But, one good thing about September, besides that it's usually a beautiful month, it's Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog time! The HC is open for business on Wednesday, September 4. Okay, to this card...
I saw the original of this card on Pinterest by Debbie Henderson - I like hers better, but thought I'd share mine, anyway, 'cause it's still pretty, I think. I don't think you can exactly duplicate with water-coloring - either you've got it (the talent) or you don't - I'm somewhere in between I think.
Anyway, click here or the photo for the details. TFL
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- The card base is Gray Granite, 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2; the mat is 5-1/4 x 4, Seaside Spray, and the top layer is Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, trimmed to 3-3/4 x 5.
- I embossed the watercolor paper with the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder with my Big Shot, using the (blue) 3D Embossing Folder Plate.
- Using ink pads and refills where necessary and the Aqua Painter, I lightly colored the magnolia petals with Flirty Flamingo and the leaves with Pear Pizzazz, using quite a bit of water. The flower centers were colored with Pineapple Punch.
- I did a light watercolor wash here and there and also stamped the sentiment using Seaside Spray.
- I stamped one of the magnolia buds on 5-1/4 x 4 whisper white inside the card and colored it with Blends in Light Granny Apple Green and Pink Pirouette (retired).
- I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere each layer to the card base and snail on the inside.