I've got three versions of this card to share today, using different embossing folders and a variation of butterflies. The front and center above is my favorite because I like this embossed background the best - it is the new Dot to Dot TIEF in the Occasions Catalog, p.25. Below are the other two. I imagine a background with the new Flower Garden Dynamic TIEF (SAB 2) would be gorgeous, as well.
Basket Weave TIEF
Swirls & Curls TIEF
DO YOU NOTICE ANYTHING ELSE different about one of these samples? The butterflies on the card with the Basket Weave background were not stamped, they were punched out of the Botanical Butterfly FREE DSP! Can it get any easier? Instructions are below (on my blog).
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- Use Whisper White or Very Vanilla Thick CS for your base, cut and scored vertically so this beauty will stand up! I suggest using Thick CS for your embossed layer as well -
trim to 3-3/4 x 5 and emboss with desired TIEF or Dynamic TIEF
- Layer a 1-3/4 x 4 piece of Grapefruit Grove or Lovely Lipstick Foil onto Basic Black CS trimmed to 2 x 4 - CAUTION: don't use liquid glue to adhere the foil to the Basic Black; it might show through the foil
- Now use liquid glue to mount the black/foil layer to your embossed layer, then adhere all layers to front of card base with Dimensionals - be sure to put a couple across the middle
- Stamp Butterflies in Archival Basic Black ink onto Shimmery White CS and color with markers, sponge on desired color with daubers, or stamp with Memento Black and color with Stampin' Blends; punch out with Butterfly Builder Punch
- OR punch out your favorite butterflies from the Botanical Butterfly FREE DSP!
- Add butterflies centered onto foil with Glue Dots - just one in the middle is sufficient - and push up the wings just a little
- Add your favorite bling to the butterfly bodies - pearls, rhinestones - and remember, you can color them with Stampin' Blends.