The majority of the sentiments in the Lasting Lily Stamp Set (FREE with $100 order) are for sympathy cards. In yesterday's post, I shared an Easter card. I came across the embossed lily idea online and since it seemed to show best on black, I figured this one should definitely be a sympathy card, much as we hate to have to send them. Let's get started!
You can find a product list on my blog.
Sue Duffy ~
- Card base is WW Thick CS; the Daffodil Delight layer is 4 x 5-1/4 and the black started out as 5 x 3-3/4. Scraps of Shimmery White and Daffodil for the sentiment.
- Lightly dust the black cs with the Embossing Buddy, then stamp Lily, stem and leaf with Versamark ink; cover with White EP and heat emboss.
- Cut a curved edge on the black cs by hand or use the curved edge die from the In the Woods Framelits Dies, placing die at roughly 1" from right edge of black at top and bottom.
- Highlight the stamen and along the folds of the lily with Dark Mango Melody Blends; color stem and leaves with Dark Old Olive Blends.
- Emboss Daffodil CS with the Subtle Dynamic TIEF and adhere the black piece with Liquid Glue; wrap ribbon and fasten to the back of the Daffodil and adhere all layers to the WW Thick CS base.
- Stamp desired sentiment in Basic Black on Shimmery CS and die-cut with label from the Lily Framelits Dies (available March 1); cut a second piece label of Daffodil and add to the Shimmery, offset a little at the top; add to card front with Dimensionals.
- Tie knot or small bow onto the ribbon and stamp a small lily inside with Crushed Curry, if desired.