LESS IS MORE CHALLENGE #383 - DIMENSION - BRUSHO on BUBBLE WRAP
This is my entry for the Less Is More #383 Challenge - "Dimension." I thought about doing a simple embossing folder background, but then thought about this easy, colorful technique I played around with when SU! first started carrying Brusho. For this card, I used 4 of the 5 colors of Brusho from Stampin' Up!: Prussian Blue, Brilliant Red, Gamboge (mostly orange with yellow), and Moss Green. I hope this fun background is not too "busy" for the Less Is More team! Here's the technique; it's pretty simple and you can find video tutorials on YouTube:
- Brusho can be messy, so you should probably lay down scrap paper, wax paper, or a silicone baking sheet.
- On a piece of the smaller size bubble wrap - bubbles up - (you might be able to see it above), cut larger than your desired background piece (my watercolor paper on this card is 3 x 4-1/2"), lightly sprinkle one or two colors of Brusho or use as many as you like! I sprinkled mine in vertical sections: blue, green, gamboge and red - left to right.
- Spritz with water and lay your watercolor paper on top and lightly press your paper down to pick up the color. Let dry and that's it for this fun background.
- NOTE: If you can't wait for your paper to dry you can use heat, but it might fade your colors a little, so in the meantime, just proceed with the rest of your design.
- The mat is one of my favorite new colors, Mango Melody - so nice and bright. The Happy Birthday is die cut with Poppy Parade - a nice, bright tomato red.