We made this version of a Sailing Home SU! Annual Catalog sample (p.144). The sample background was made with the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack (p.145), but I don't have that, so we improvised using the retired TIEF, Seaside, because I don't have the new High Seas 3D Embossing Folder, either! (p.198). So, you may ask, is this really a CAS of the Sample? About as close as I could get with what I had. ;-) See? You don't have to have every single product in order to create. Please comment or email for a FREE Project Sheet! Let's get started.
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- Adhere 5-1/4 x 4 Night of Navy CS to Crumb Cake card base. Ink Seaside or High Seas embossing folder lightly with Seaside Spray or Balmy Blue ink and run through Big Shot with 5 x 3-3/4 piece of white CS and add to Navy layer with liquid glue.
- Die cut two large and three small sailboats from white CS. Die-cut two ship’s wheels: one with wood-look DSP and one of regular CS for sturdiness and lightly glue wheels together.
- Tape a piece of White Flax Ribbon and a banner-cut strip of Come Sail Away DSP at top right of card front, as shown.
- Die cut one small and one large sailboat out of approximately a quarter sheet of any CS to use as a template for stamping multiple sailboats with the Stamparatus. Place die-cut sailboats into template spaces and stamp with Crumb Cake ink using the Stamparatus. Color boats with Blends or Markers.
- Add boats to card front with Glue Dots or liquid glue and pop up two sailboats in foreground with Dimensionals. Pop up ship’s wheel with a Mini Dimensional and add a gold or silver star shape in center.
- Inside: Stamp “Anchor…” sentiment in Navy onto white CS scrap and die-cut as shown OR stamp directly onto white for inside of card.
- Shake up silver Shimmer Paint, dab some with a sponge dauber from the bottle cap and use it to “ink” the anchor image stamp. Stamp on inside piece where shown.
- Punch a circle template with a 1” circle punch on a sticky note and sponge a sun using Daffodil Delight ink. Stamp sea birds in Navy over sun. Adhere to inside of card base.