Today we have a totally original idea by Sue! LOL Sadly, they are few and far between. I was motivated to create this card by the fact a neighbor recently underwent back surgery and I doubted he would appreciate something flowery. ;-) So, let's get started.
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
- Whisper White Thick vertical card base with a mat of So Saffron or Daffodil Delight - I actually made two of these - and 5 x 3-3/4 Whisper White for the top layer.
- I colored a dab of Embossing Paste (you don't need much) with a couple of drops of Cajun Craze Refill and added it using our brick-look mask. I did not want it to be solid.
- I hand-cut a 4" piece of Granny Apple Green CS to make it a little uneven and then used our retired Fringe Scissors to make the grass. You can just use Paper Snips. I added the piece I had trimmed off at the bottom and sponged some color on it, added it with Liquid Glue to the WW and trimmed off the excess.
- I stamped the turtle and butterfly in Memento onto Shimmery White CS, colored them with Blends and hand cut the turtle. He is popped up with a couple of Dimensionals and a glue dot at the bottom, just below the top of the grass. The small butterfly is from Butterfly Gala, colored with Light Daffodil and Light Cajun Craze Blends, punched out with the Butterfly Duet Punch, and added with a glue dot.
- The sentiment is cut with a Gina K wonky rectangle die and adhered with glue dots. Any of the SU! dies would work just as well: Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Shapes, or plenty of our punches.
- I stamped "Sigh ..". and "Sometimes that's all there is to say" on the inside of the card. I covered up the bottom half of that sentiment with old Washi tape before inking, removed it and stamped and also added a little butterfly.