SAILBOATS ON A BRUSHO LAKE
I stared and stared at the background on the original version of this card on Pinterest (Vicki-Joyful Crafts) before I took a stab at recreating it. To me, it was an optical illusion. My first guess was totally off base - pretty much a disaster. My second guess was correct. Here is the recipe.
Whisper White Thick - 4-1/4 x 11, score at 5-1/2
Pacific Point - 2 pieces - 4 x 5-1/4
Watercolor paper - 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Shimmery White - enough to die cut as many sailboats as you want and label for greeting
- Spritz Watercolor paper with water and sprinkle Brusho - mostly Prussian Blue with a little Yellow, until background is to your liking - spritz more water if you need to. Let air dry or use low setting on heat tool.
- With wavy Thinlit from Lakeside dies, horizontally center on dry Watercolor paper and cut several times. Be sure to leave a small border to hold it together. Use Precision Plate and run through Big Shot several times, even turning 90 degrees once to be sure.
- Adhere to one piece of Pacific Point CS along margins with liquid glue.
- Using a Stampin' Trimmer, cut out a frame in second piece of Pacific Point CS, 3/8" on all sides and lay over Watercolor paper "water" and use liquid glue or strong tape or Tear & Tape. Adhere all layers to WW Thick base.
- Stamp sailboats in Memento on Shimmery White, color with markers and/or Stampin' Blends and die cut. Stamp greeting on Shimmery White and die cut.
- Add sailboats with Mini Glue Dots and pop up with Dimensionals. Add embellishments, if desired.