MARKERS TECHNIQUE TO CREATE FALL WITH WINTER WOODS - October Stamp Camp
Happy Fall, Stampers!
I've seen a couple of versions of a color-layering technique with this set and the Stamparatus, one or two with Sponge Daubers and Patty Bennett has a video tutorial (using mostly greens) with Stampin' Write Markers. You can find it here.
Basically, you just use any colors you want - we used colors for Fall - place your stamp where you want it on your card front, pick it up with your Stamparatus and off you go! Your Simply Shammy or baby wipes will come in handy, too.
NOTE: Color the tree trunks last, just in case your paper inadvertently moves a little. More here...
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
At stamp camp, we started by stamping the tree tops with Daffodil Delight ink, as a base. After that it was Markers, working light too dark colors. We randomly colored areas of the trees with a marker, dabbed off the stamp with the "chamois" (or baby wipe), added the next darker color in a few areas, dabbed off the stamp again, etc. Then, we colored the trunks with Early Espresso or Soft Suede Marker.
As the final layer for the trees, we used a Sponge Dauber and lightly added Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint (retired) or Delicata Gold Glitz ink to the stamp.
The fallen leaves (love them!) were just stamped with two or three colors at the most, to coordinate with your tree colors. I used just Daffodil Delight alternating with Cherry Cobbler for mine. Silver Leaves Ttrinkets were colored with Stampin' Blends - I used Dark Blackberry Bliss.
I had available the following Markers at stamp camp: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie,Cajun Craze, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Early Espresso.
- The focal point (3-1/4 x 4) is Very Vanilla and the base is Very Vanilla
Thick CS. The mat is from Come to Gather DSP - lovely Fall colors - 5-1/4 x 4.
- Blackberry Bliss CS is 3 x 4-3/4.
- Gold Foil (or Copper) is 2 x 2-1/2, embossed with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder than cut into 1 x 2-1/2 and adhered to the Blackberry Bliss about 1/4" from the edges.
- The focal point is layered on top and all three layers are added to the card front with Dimensionals under the Blackberry Bliss piece.
- Leaves Trinkets added with a Glue Dot.