A bright and bubbly (get it?) background with Brusho, combining it with a fun, horizontal Z-fold. Let's get started.
Sue Duffy ~
Sue Duffy ~
PAPER – Crushed Curry - 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4 and 2-1/8 on 8-1/2” side; Granny Apple Green – 4-3/4 x 3‑1/4; Real Red – 4-3/4 x 3-1/4 and 3-1/2 x 4-1/4; Watercolor Paper – 4-1/2 x 3; Red Glimmer Paper scrap; Whisper White 4-1/4 x 3-1/4 for inside
INKS – Brusho Crystals (above, I used Prussian Blue, Yellow and Gamboge); Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry or Mango Melody
OTHER – Small bubble wrap – roughly 5 x 3-1/2 (larger than watercolor piece); Spritzer or spray bottle with water; silicone sheet or paper towels; Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlits; Balloon Bouquet or ¾” Circle Punch; Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Multi (liquid) or Tear & Tape (or Fast Fuse), Mini Dimensionals
- Place bubble wrap onto a silicone sheet or paper towels– be sure bubbles side is UP ; tap or sprinkle desired colors of Brusho onto bubble wrap - a little goes a long way
- Spritz bubble wrap with water until the Brusho colors bead up, but are not running or filling up the spaces between the bubbles, if possible
- Lay watercolor paper on top of wet bubble wrap and press firmly all over to transfer color, but not heavy enough to smash bubbles – cover with scrap paper if you don’t want your pinkies to get dirty; let dry or lightly heat dry – colors will dry a little lighter
- When dry, mount Brusho piece to Granny Apple mat and attach Real Red accent piece at an angle, as shown above; die cut and add Happy Birthday using rolled Mini Glue Dots or dots of Tombow Multi
- Adhere these layers to the bottom 2-1/8” section of the card base and fold up
- At top left of card front attach a punched balloon or a 3/4” circle of Red Glimmer Paper so that it will hold the card closed, but easily opened
- Add a colored embellishment over Birthday “I”; decorate WW piece for inside with desired stamp set - here we used Picture Perfect Birthday.