COUNTRY HOME WITH TIN TILE
COUNTRY HOME WITH BUFFALO CHECK
Thought I'd share the fruits of my play time this weekend with my new goodies from the Holiday Catalog. With the exception of the "walls," there aren't many obvious differences between them. My milk can is supposed to look like it's standing on the wood plank floor - does it?
A couple of notes: I colored the cattails with Copper Shimmer Paint and the cotton on the other card with Frost White Shimmer Paint, and on each added a little Wink of Stella here and there. Let's get started.
Measurements (same for each card unless noted)
Thick White Card Stock base; score at 5-1/2 for vertical or 4-1/4 for horizontal card
Balmy Blue Card Stock base for Tin Tile card, 5-1/4 x 4 piece for inside
Whisper or Shimmery White scraps for milk can and flower arrangement (and for sentiment on Buffalo Check card)
4 x 5-1/4 Daffodil Delight Card Stock for mat on Buffalo Check card
4 x 5-1/4 Whisper White for Tin Tile card (3-7/8 x 5-1/8 for Buffalo Check card)
3-7/8 x 2 Wood Textures DSP of your choice (4 x 2 for Tin Tile card), plus a 1/4" or 1/2" strip for "baseboard"
Light wood pattern from Wood Textures DSP for sentiment on Tin Tile Card.
Go to my Blog for step-by-step instructions and products used.
Instructions - Tin Tile Card
- Lightly ink Tin Tile TIEF w/Balmy Blue ink and emboss 5-1/4 x 4 WW card stock
- Stamp "Simply Thankful..." sentiment in Soft Suede (stamped off once - experiment) onto a light wood tone from the Wood Textures DSP and die cut with largest oval from Stitched Shapes Framelits
- Decorate 5-14 x 4 piece of WW for inside, if desired.
Buffalo Check Card
- Use Stamparatus and ink Buffalo Check stamp with Blueberry Bushel and stamp onto 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 WW; re-ink and stamp again, if necessary for even coverage
- Stamp "Happy Harvest..." sentiment in Blueberry Bushel on WW or Shimmery and die cut with large label die from the Merry Christmas Thinlits dies (or any die you wish)
- Adhere Buffalo Check piece to Daffodil Dill Delight mat; add sentiment with Dimensionals
- Stamp in Memento and color milk cans and flower arrangements with desired Blends and fussy-cut. I used Smoky Slate Combo Blends for one and Daffodil Combo for the other. Experiment and have fun!
- Stamp small oval "labels" with Memento and add Silver or Champagne Shimmer Paint; stamp desired word in center and fussy cut; attach to milk can with Mini Dimensional or glue dot
- Adhere 2" Wood Textures piece at bottom of embossed or stamped card front; adhere 1/2" or 1/4" piece as shown and trim, if necessary
- Adhere card front layers to card base
- Pop up milk cans and flower arrangements on Dimensionals and add to card front
- Adhere "Simply Thankful..." sentiment over Wood Textures as shown on Tin Tile card.
Send me an email to request a FREE, printable Project Sheet!
Sue Duffy ~
All images ©Stampin’ Up!®
All images ©Stampin’ Up!®